5 Second Challenge. August 14, 2015.

August 14, 2015

I went to the chiropractor again today, he said that he can feel the weight of all the stress in my muscles. That’s so strange to me, the connection between mind and body. I would have never thought that my stress would actually affect the muscles in my body, now that I think about it I understand what being tense means. But I got to sleep today so that was pleasant and things are coming into perspective again. Like I’ve said, take your moment to be human but don’t let that be a constant mindset, get up, dust off, and fight.

I have SUPER exciting news! I’ve mentioned it on Facebook but I’d like to elaborate. Someone mentioned to my Mom who mentioned to me that I should start a YouTube channel. The idea seemed awesome but daunting at the same time, how the heck was I going to handle making videos on top of everything else!? Then during my last Seattle trip my sister brought up the idea and expressed interest in making the videos! So together we have started a YouTube channel and boy you guys, it’s STELLAR. I can only say that because my sister is extremely talented and the first video was so perfect that it made me cry. I can’t wait to share it with you all so stay tuned and expect it on SUNDAY!



I am currently sitting in my spacious living room, the sunlight peeking through the curtains, my Mom and Sister cuddled up in their rocking chairs, my Pops eating apple pie next to me, and “The Scent of a Woman” playing on the big screen. I wanted to take a moment to cherish this scene. You know I decided that I need to relish the moments that I take for granted, and I need to take a moment to notice sweet scenes like a family movie. This is peace, this is how I find rest. I used to think that peace and rest only came in the form of sleeping, sitting, reading, or anything quiet and serene. I’m understanding more now that peace can really be found in any situation if you take the time to find it. I want to challenge you and myself to take five seconds in each situation to look around and cherish the moment. Whether it be a family movie, or your morning cup of coffee, maybe it’s your work meeting, or a long doctor’s appointment, even that moment when your twin boys are fighting and screaming. I think that if I can take 5 seconds to be grateful and find peace in these moments then I think I can relieve a lot of the stress and tension in my life! Let me take one more look at this moment. I have peace knowing that the people on my left and right are my family, my best friends, my biggest fans, my supporters, and my team. I have peace in knowing that we all have a moment to watch a movie and sit in the calm. I have peace knowing that we have this wonderful house that I have spent many days and have had many memories in. I could go on and on but I challenged us to 5 seconds. But wow, I already appreciate this time and I already have a rest that I have been seeking. Perspective my friends. All about perspective. Take 5 seconds right now to find peace in the moment! 

I head to Seattle on Sunday, Monday at 5:30 a.m. I go in for surgery so prayers for safe travels and wisdom for the doctor's would be much appreciated! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment