Conflict Bomb. August 7, 2015.

August 7, 2015

So I decided to write the blog after I heard back from the doctor’s hence the reason I didn’t post this morning! So the node in my groin came back negative! While this is obviously great news it still doesn’t mean I am negative or Stage 4, there are still stomach nodes in question. But God is good and I am trying to see the good amazing news that my groin is Cancer free! Praise God! 

Yesterday was a great day. I spent the day with two of my great friends Minnie and Molly and then we went to college group. At college group the Pastor talked about conflict and tips to resolve it. It was super interesting and convicting to me so I wanted to do my best to summarize his sermon in my words so you all can learn a thing or too as well! As he was speaking I sat there and tried to think honesty if there was any unresolved conflict that I had with anyone, I encourage you to do the same as you read on! If you’re feeling good about your relationships then take these steps to heart so you may be prepared or the times when conflict comes. Because it will, we’re human and flawed!

 Number 1. Assume the worst about your own heart. Now this is not something you hear every day in today’s society! In fact society tells us that we are the best, most beautiful, always right, and most amazing people on the planet. Why do you think it’s so hard in conflict? We want to be right, we want our pound of flesh, we want justice and no one wants to admit that they’re wrong. It feels better to make the other person pay and it feels better to feel like we “win”. But how radically different would it be if we remembered that we are the biggest sinner in the room? How humbling would it be if we assumed the worst of our own heart and motives? I think you would be quick to pipe down in an argument when you turn your eyes to your own heart. That girl has been gossiping about you? How many people have you gossiped about this week? Your husband lied to you? How many times have you lied in that day? The point being none of us are perfect and when you remind yourself of that you can allow other some more grace.

Number 2. Act on wisdom not emotion. This one is hard, especially for me! We humans thrive on emotion, why do you think drama T.V. is so addicting? How many times do we react and get defensive right away? I can tell you there are a handful of times out of hundreds of times where I’ve actually taken the time to think rationally before I react in a conflict. Anger, sadness, all the emotions that fuel the fire within are so easily misguiding and they can make you have some serious regrets so let’s try acting out of wisdom instead of emotion.

Number 3. Avoid the plague of slander and gossip. Why is this SO HARD!? Seriously I remember back in Jr. High when I decided to give up gossiping, I didn’t even last a week. I felt like I had nothing to talk about and that was extremely revealing to me. But how many times have we seen the poison of gossip and slander? Do you guys remember that veggie tales movie called the “Rumor Weed”? That big ugly weed that grows and eventually take over the city. It’s so true though! Think about school, your work, camp, your church, think about how much conflict could have been avoided had we all decided to stop gossip?

Number 4. Apply gentle words in the moment. How about this one to detonate the atomic bomb of conflict! Imagine yourself arguing with the one person you pictured in your mind, imagine them heating up in anger and you just whip out, “You know what, you are such a generous person and I’m very grateful for you.” Imagine their reaction to that!
TO be continued… Love ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment