Needles. August 5, 2015.

August 5, 2015

Hey friends! So I’m back in Spokane and as much as I’d like to say I’m here for a good chunk of time the reality is I have no clue. Seattle was a good trip even though I had 7 needles in me during the duration of this visit. The needle biopsy actually went better than the one in my neck. This one was in my groin, which makes me feel slightly awkward but whatever it had to be done. It was pretty gnarly because I was watching the needle move around and then jab the lymph node on the ultrasound. It was uncomfortable at best but thankfully not painful. There was this weird thing where they twisted the needle into the lymph node like a corkscrew then clicked a trigger and it clipped a chunk of tissue, that part was real funky. Anyway so basically they will run tests on the tissue and if it’s positive for cancer then I have Stage 4 and if it’s negative then they will probably have me come back in to do a more invasive procedure looking at the lymph nodes in my stomach. Please pray that the results come in soon so I can know whether I can finally come back to Klamath or not!
I’m absolutely exhausted from this last Seattle trip, while it was good to get to know Micaiah and her Grandma better I am glad to get a chance to rest! I am so thankful for their company and that I didn’t have to go alone.

It’s been really cool to see who God brings into my life when I’m bold about my faith. It’s still hard sometimes, insecurity creeps in and I hesitate mentioning God to strangers. But lately I’ve really been challenging myself, even if I may hesitate right away I stop and tell myself, “What’s more important, you feeling comfortable for 1 second or furthering God’s kingdom?” Ouch. So the last two times I’ve given up my initial comfort God has allowed some really cool people into my life! One woman was working at the Macy’s in Seattle and as she was helping me pick out my perfect foundation we started chatting. Anyway she ended up being a really awesome Christian woman with a beautiful heart and I would have never had the privilege of seeing that had I been insecure about sharing my faith! Another example was today when I was getting my hair done, which by the way was an extremely fun and impulsive decision made by Caiah and I, I started talking about my “cancer story” and for a moment I hesitated talking about God but then once again I had to remind myself that God is the POINT and biggest and best part of the story! So my hairdresser also turned out to be a Christian and she had also dealt with cancer when she was 7 years old. God performed a miracle by saving her life and what an awesome experience to be able to celebrate that with her! God is so awesome and even though I write a blog that thousands of you see I am still working on my insecurities! God is faithful to present opportunities for you to practice, if you are struggling in an area ask God to challenge you.


I want to start a non-profit! The details and story will come later but for now if you have any resources, tips, advice, or ideas please let me know! I have no idea really where to start so I could use all the help I can get, love you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment