Mom or Enemy? August 24, 2015.

August 24, 2015

Hello friends! I know it’s been a few days but I was sick Friday, Saturdays I have decided to take the day off since you all have fun things to do on Saturday nights, and Sunday I thought about devoting it to YouTube like instead of having a new blog you all go and watch the new YouTube video, how does that sound?

This weekend Sis came flew in which makes me very happy. Mom and I have done a really good job having all this together time though, we haven’t been fighting or annoyed with each other so I’m proud of us. We went to the EMP museum, I’m not sure what that stands for but basically it’s a giant music museum and it’s actually really cool. Then Sunday we tried out a rad new church called The Cross and Crown and their worship band is called “Ghost Ship” which is absolutely amazing so go check out their stuff!

This weekend I had a very strong conviction and it was not fun! Not that conviction usually is fun; in fact it usually weighs on your heart and makes you focus on the log in your own eye. Anyway I promised you all that I would be transparent so here it goes. I was convicted because Sunday morning while we were meeting new people I found myself making excuses for my Mom because my insecurity flared up when she was being her outgoing self. I found myself saying, “Oh don’t mind her she has no filter” and really focusing on how embarrassed I was that she was bragging about my blog and passing out the cards to everyone she came in contact with. As the day progressed I found myself grumbling as she handed me a juice to chug, or filled up another glass of water for me to drink, or bypassed eating out so we could eat healthy food at home. As my attitude toward her got worse and worse I started treating her like she was my enemy. Sunday the Lord GRIPPED my heart and said, “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.” I had a radical perspective change my friends, also known as conviction. Since when did my Mom, my biggest fan, and my biggest supporter become my enemy? In what ways was she doing anything that was hurting me? I sat and pondered the things I was growing to resent and realized the giant log that was sitting in my eye. She shares my blog because she is proud of me and because she is my biggest supporter. She takes the time to make me juice because she cares about my body being in the best fighting condition. She makes me drink water and eat healthy because it’s good for me AND radiation is frying my good cells and my body needs everything it can get to replenish the cells that are dying. So I thought about what it would look like if she just stopped. If my grumbling and snide comments and bad attitude finally put her down enough for her to just say “You win, bye.” Wow, I could NEVER do this alone, I need her, I am grateful for her, and I have found a new appreciation for the sacrifice and hard work that she has put in not only during this time but my WHOLE life. So this message is for you kids, teens, adults, those of you who need an attitude check. Who is it and what is it that you are growing bitter toward? Your husband for not allowing you to spend all your money on shoes? Your wife for making you go on a run? Your Mom for making you go to bed early? Your Dad for not allowing you to date that one boy? Think about whether they are doing that because they love you or because they hate you. Then check your attitude next time your biggest fan wants to help you out. I’m sorry Mom for not appreciating the time and hard work you’ve put in to make sure I live a long and healthy life. I’m sorry for not realizing that you want what’s best for me and you’ve never once done anything to try and hurt me. I love you and I am going to do my best to have a better attitude and be more grateful for all you do! Now it is your turn, who do you need to thank and apologize to? Kids you all have grumbled about your parents, when they say “In 5 years you’ll understand and appreciate us.” THEY AREN’T LYING.


Missed you all! The second YouTube video is up so if you enjoyed it please like it and if you want to see more please subscribe! Also the walkathon is coming up on the 30th at 1 p.m. and I am going to come for it! So please please come see me and let me thank you personally and please share your stories with me. Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment