She-Wolverine. August 20, 2015.

August 20, 2015.

As most of you have heard by now, my stomach is cancer free! Praise God you guys I don't have Stage 4 cancer. The power of prayer is so evident and God is so faithful. I started my first day of radiation today at the Proton Center in Seattle. This is one of 25 treatments so let the countdown begin! It was fairly quick and easy, they snap this mesh alien mask on my face and I sit under a laser machine while it zaps all my cells. I kind of felt like a she-wolverine or an alien or an x-men or something, you know how they get experimented on and all of a sudden they turn into this super human, yeah maybe that will happen to me! 

I just wanted to point something out to you all, I am so extremely happy and relieved to know that the cancer hasn't spread in my body, that is a huge blessing! God is faithful and God is good. BUT what if I would have received different news? What if the cancer had spread? What if you were all praying for the cancer not to spread and for me to have Stage 3B and the results ended up being positive? Would the attributes of God change? Would He be less faithful and less good? Isn't it so easy to treat God like our own personal genie! When things go well we all sing His praises and jump for joy and thank Him for answered prayers, but when things go bad we stop praying, we resent and curse Him and we turn away. We prayed for healing, in His mercy He has made my stomach cancer-free. That's grace you guys, I didn't deserve this, I am not entitled to this, it is not my right, and if we would have had different results God would still be God, He would still hear our prayers and He would still have a perfect plan. That being said and keeping that in mind, I challenge you to check your heart while you pray. Whatever you are praying for, stop and ask, "If this prayer isn't answered in the way I want it to be, is God still good and will He still be in control?" Sometimes it goes the way we are hoping for, like the fact that my cancer has not spread! But sometimes it doesn't, that's okay too. 

Seattle is our new home! I feel so relieved to have a plan, I mean I still hold plans VERY loosely because I've learned my lesson but it feels good knowing that every time I put the alien mask on I am fighting for my life. This is the next step in kicking cancers butt and I can consider the green mask my armor. The first week I'm not supposed to have many side effects so that's good news. This radiation is called Proton Therapy, it's a different form of radiation that is more specialized and it is less damaging. The Doctor had to pull some serious strings to get me in this program because there is only one machine on the west coast, praise God!  

Also next weekend is the walk-a-thon! I don't know if you guys understand how amazing Lori and Nicole are, this is not simply a time of walking, there is going to be events and bouncing things and eating contests and cars and sheesh you name it! I am so excited to see the community come together on August 30th, not to support me (that's a bonus) but to be united during a trial and show the meaning of supporting one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment