Come on Community! August 31, 2015.


August 31, 2015. 

I'm back in Seattle! This time Mom is back in Klamath and my Sister and Jess came with me to stay this week. I went to Klamath over the weekend for the walkathon. Oh. My. Gosh. What a HUGE blessing that was to me. The turnout was baffling and the support and encouragement you all offered me was incredibly humbling. Thank you to all who attended and made it possible! 

It's so interesting to me to see how trials can bring people together. I mean it breaks down walls, heals wounds, and it makes people realize that life is too short to be anything but joyful. The day spent at the walkathon was a day of joy. I looked around and saw kids playing, moms and daughters walking together, grandparents taking pictures, and the community doing what they can to help. It was one of those moments when I really saw family. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to see that kind of a community. It refueled and rejuvenated me to hear in person from you that this trial has impacted you! What an honor for me to be in this position, thank you. 

Pour into a community you guys. Don't let excuses keep you from doing so! Tonight Jess and I went to a community life group at a church nearby and initially I felt like maybe we shouldn't go because I'm only going to be here for 6 weeks. Life is one continuous transition period. We are always going to be changing, leaving, moving, staying, whatever the case may be. We went and we learned from the group and we were poured into. People will come and go in your life but God will use them or use you for them! I am so glad I didn't let time keep me from meeting some awesome people. It is incredible to see how God uses people and uses you for people! So I challenge you to pour into a community, no matter where you are or how long you are there. 

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Sorry I didn't make it but so glad it went well! Love ya😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be hearts... Lol not ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can underestimate the value of community and getting involved.God designed us for relationship. There are needy people all around us. a smile, a hug, some cash or some time! Some one is in need of you today :) Thanks Hade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to see you again Hayden. I was bummed after I got home because I forgot to get a picture with you. Continued prayers as you walk through this. Love you. :) Debbie

    ReplyDelete